CW 09-12-17 Fremont Corn Expo Jan. 6 in Fremont
The Fremont Corn Expo January 6 in Fremont will provide producers and agribusiness professionals ideas and strategies to remain competitive in the corn industry.
Registration for the free event begins at 8 a.m. with a complimentary breakfast and a chance to view exhibits. The Expo, which runs from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the main arena at Christensen Field, is designed for growers, crop consultants, agronomists, seed corn representatives, and others looking to improve corn production, marketing and utilization. A complimentary lunch will be served.
The Expo will feature topics identified by corn growers as important to their farming operations, including:
- The Future of Farming — Promise and Opportunity with Rick Tolman, CEO, National Corn Growers Association
- Irrigation and Energy Optimization Cost-Share Opportunities with Dave Varner and Aaron Nygren, UNL Extension educators
- Corn Plant Populations, Twin Rows, and Yield Potential with Roger Elmore, Iowa State University Extension corn specialist
- Farming in Today’s Macro Economy with Brian Briggeman, economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Corn Trait Mixing, Matching, and Stacking with Joe Keaschall, Pioneer Hi-Bred International maize research director
- Corn Industry Update with representatives of the Nebraska Corn Growers Association, Nebraska Corn Board, the Colfax-Dodge County Corn Growers and the Dodge County Farm Bureau
“The Fremont Corn Expo is a great opportunity for producers to fine-tune their production and marketing practices going into the 2010 growing season,” said UNL Extension Educator Dave Varner. “Participants will leave the Expo with information that they can use immediately and in the long-term.”
The Fremont Corn Expo is sponsored by UNL Extension, Colfax-Dodge County Corn Growers, Nebraska Corn Growers Association, Nebraska Corn Board, Fremont Area Chamber Agricultural Business Council, Dodge County Farm Bureau and area agribusinesses.
LPN NRD Training Afterward
A special nitrogen and irrigation management certification training session will be held for Lower Platte North Natural Resources District producers immediately after the Expo at 3 p.m.