Center Pivot Irrigation Management Short Courses in February - UNL CropWatch, January 17, 2013
January 17, 2013
Getting the most value from your irrigation water will be the focus of University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Center Pivot Irrigation Management Short Courses in early February in Norfolk, Bridgeport and Broken Bow.
Topics include sprinkler package selection, soil water management, and pumping plant performance. Also, irrigation industry representatives will be available to discuss the latest in center pivot irrigation technology.
Dates, locations and contact numbers for registration are:
- Feb. 4, Norfolk: Lifelong Learning Center; call 402-370-4000
- Feb. 6, Bridgeport: Prairie Winds Community Center; call 308-632-1276 or email email@example.com
- Feb. 15, Broken Bow: Mid-Plains Community College; call 308-872-6831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At each location, registration begins at 9 a.m., with a welcome at 9:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided. The workshops will conclude by 3:15 p.m.
Speakers will include:
- Derrel Martin, UNL Water and irrigation resources specialist
- Simon van Donk, UNL water and irrigation resources specialist
- Bill Kranz, UNL irrigation specialist
- Tyler Smith, UNL water resources research technologist
These short courses are sponsored by UNL Extension, Reinke, Valley, T-L Irrigation, Lindsay, and the Nebraska Environmental Trust Fund.
The program is free, but participants are asked to preregister so adequate materials and meals will be available.