Center Pivot Irrigation Management Short Courses in February - UNL CropWatch, Jan. 18, 2012
January 18, 2012
Adopting advanced irrigation management practices can help you enhance the value of the water you apply. Learn how at two Center Pivot Irrigation Management Short Courses to be held in Gothenburg and York this February.
Center pivot irrigation in soybean.
The Feb. 6 program will be held at the Monsanto Water Utilization Learning Center near Gothenburg and the Feb. 8 short course will be at the Cornerstone Ag and Event Center on the York County Fairgrounds in York. Registration begins at 9 a.m. with a welcome at 9:30 a.m.
Program topics will include:
- Performance of center pivots
- Soil water management
- Matching sprinklers to soils
- Sprinkler package selection
- Minimizing pumping costs
- Estimating crop water use
- Water balance and consumptive use/limited irrigation
- Center pivot technology and variable rate irrigation
- Center pivot management
Keynote speakers for each of the programs will begin at 2:20 p.m.and close out the program.
- Feb. 6 – Chandler Mazour, Monsanto Learning Center Manager, Gothenburg Water Utilization Learning Center
- Feb. 8 – Ronnie Green, NU Vice President and IANR Harlan Vice Chancellor, Lincoln
These two short courses are sponsored by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension, Reinke, Valley, T-L Irrigation, Lindsay, and the Nebraska Environmental Trust Fund.
The program is free; however, participants are asked to register so adequate materials and meals will be available. To register:
Additional information can be found at: http://water.unl.edu/cropswater/home.