Center Pivot Irrigation Management Short Courses at 3 Sites
Getting the most value from your irrigation water will be the focus of next week's Center Pivot Irrigation Management Short Courses. The advanced irrigation management courses will be held at three sites — Feb. 11 at Clay Center, Feb. 12 at McCook, and Feb. 13 at O'Neill. Check-in will be at 9 a.m. followed by a program from 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Topics will include sprinkler package selection, soil water management, and pumping plant performance. Irrigation industry representatives will be available to discuss the latest in center pivot irrigation technology.
Topics are expected to be the same at each site and will include:
- Performance of a Center Pivot
- Soil Water Management
- Matching Sprinklers to Soils
- Sprinkler Package Selection
- Minimizing Pumping Costs
- Crop Water Use
- Water Balance/Consumptive Use/Limited Irrigation
- Center Pivot Technology/Variable Rate Irrigation
- Center Pivot Management
The program is free but participants are asked to pre-register to provide for a lunch count. To register, contact one of the UNL Extension offices listed below with the program location.
- Feb. 11 — Clay Center, Activities Bldg. at the Clay County Fairgrounds; to register email email@example.com or call 402-762-3644
- Feb. 12 — McCook, Community Bldg., Red Willow County Fairgrounds; to register email Red-Willow-County@unl.edu or call 308-345-3390
- Feb. 13 — O'Neill, Community Center; to register email Holt-County@unl.edu or call 402-336-2760
For more details on the program topics and for a list of sponsors, see the program flyer.