Celebrate with CASNR April 12-19
March 28, 2008
Alumni, students, faculty, staff, and community members are invited to a variety of events for UNL's CASNR Week April 12-19. If you're an alumni or just interested in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, plan to stop by a CASNR Week event.
Saturday, April 12
- Burr Hall Bull Fry, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Proceeds benefit the family of Jeremy Wach, a volunteer fire department member who died fighting a fire in Wymore this spring
- Build a Burger Grilling Competition, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Student Involvement and the Culinology Hospitality Management Club (near Bull Fry event)
- Burr Hall Car Show and Tractor Display, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wildlife Club Banquet at the Izaak Walton League clubhouse, a half-mile south of Highway 2 on 134th St. Social hour begins at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. Advance tickets are $20 for the public.
Sunday, April 13
- CASNR Week Awards Banquet
- CASNR International Studies Recognition Ceremony
Tuesday, April 15
- *Lunch on the Lawn, 11 to 1 p.m.
- *Community Night, 5 to 7 p.m.
Wednesday, April 16
- Love Memorial Hall Chili Feed, 5 to 7 p.m.
- *Career Opportunities in Science Panel, 5 p.m., co-sponsored by the Biochemistry Club, Forensic Science Club and Food Science Club
Thursday, April 17
- Alpha Gamma Rho Barbeque, 5 to 8 p.m., $5 a ticket
Friday, April 18
- UNL Rodeo - 50th anniversary, 7:30 p.m. at the Lancaster Event Center
- UNL Rodeo Dance immediately following the rodeo
Saturday, April 19
- UNL Rodeo - 50th anniversary, 1 p.m. at the Lancaster Event Center. Barbeque between performances from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- UNL Rodeo - Tough Enough to Wear Pink performance, 7:30 p.m. at the Lancaster Events Center
*All events marked with an asterisk will be at the East Campus Union.
For more information, contact the CASNR office at (402) 472-2201 or log on to their Web site at archive/-/asset_publisher/VHeSpfv0Agju/content/casnr.unl.edu.