Water for Ag and Human Health Focus of 2023 Ag Update
From the winter weather review and spring outlook to managing pasture/range during and after drought, Nebraska water quality's impact on human health and more, Ag Update 2023 offers the latest information to help Nebraskans. The event will be held Tuesday, Feb. 14 at the Merrick County Youth and Agriculture Education Center, 1784 Fairgrounds Rd, Central City, starting with breakfast refreshments provided by Archer Credit Union and exhibits opening at 9 am.
The event has a great lineup of speakers and exhibits, including “Nebraska Water, Connecting all Nebraskans” with Crystal Powers, “How Water and Substances Move in Soils and the Vadose Zone” with Aaron Daigh, and “Home Reverse Osmosis Cost Share Program” with Steve Melvin. Lunch will be provided and sponsored by Cornerstone Bank. The day will wrap-up about 3:15 p.m. with some nice door prizes.
The educational program, sponsored by the University of Nebraska Extension, will include:
- A corn update
- USDA update
- Nebraska Weather/Climate: Winter Review and Spring Outlook
- Managing Pasture/Range During and After Drought
- Producing Irrigated Corn with Limited Well Capacity
- Nebraska Water, Connecting all Nebraskans
- Trends and Connections in Water Quality for the Platte Valley
- The Basics and Implications of How Water and Substances Move in Soils and the Vadose Zone
- Red Pivot Study and How Water Moves in Our Aquifer in the Central Nebraska Area
- Nebraska Water Quality's Impact on Human Health
- Home Reverse Osmosis Cost Share Program
“The mission of the event is to bring cutting edge ideas and technology through educational speakers and networking opportunities with numerous vendors to help attendees make good decisions in 2023,” said Steve Melvin, Nebraska Extension cropping systems educator and event coordinator for the 2023 Ag Update. “The day is free of charge to the participants thanks to our sponsors and exhibitors.”
Exhibitor space is still available for anyone wanting a booth to promote their business.
Mark your calendars for Feb. 14 and plan to attend the 2023 Ag Update. More information is available by calling Steve Melvin at (308) 946-3843 or at the Merrick County Extension site.