Summer Annual Forage Pasture Walk on Aug. 23
Nebraska Extension is hosting a pasture walk on Wednesday, Aug. 23 at the Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension and Education Center near Mead, Nebraska. During the pasture walk, participants will get to see and hear about the summer-long rotational grazing of stockers and cow/calf pairs on sudangrass or a mix of sudangrass with sunnhemp. Come engage in a lively conversation.
Topics for discussion include:
- What has and hasn’t worked this summer.
- Grazing management suggestions to optimize productivity of warm-season annuals.
- Potential carrying capacity of annual forages.
- Suggestions for fertility management of annual forages.
- Prussic acid and nitrate considerations.
- Anything the group has on their mind!
The walk will begin at 9 a.m. and end around 11 a.m. Everyone is welcome to come join in this free event. Note: the field can be a bit muddy if we get rain, so come prepared.
Directions to the Field:
From the ENREEC headquarters (1071 Co Rd G, Ithaca, Nebraska), head east on NE-66 for 1.9 miles. Turn right onto Ninth Street and travel south one mile. Turn left (east) at the first cross street onto County Road F. The field will be on the left in 0.7 mile.
Click this link to Google pin for directions on your phone.