Register for the Last Summer Soil Health and Cover Crop Field Day Near Mead
Building and maintaining a healthy soil extends beyond mitigating erosion and compaction solely to boost crop yields. Understanding the health of our soil is crucial for sustainable and productive agriculture.
Join the University of Nebraska in partnership with Cargill RegenConnect® on Tuesday, Aug. 22 for an in-person field day to:
- Assess soil health in croplands.
- Explore cover crops, interseeding and biochar.
- Discover financial farming resources and networking opportunities.
- Ask questions and share personal experiences in building healthy soils.
Field Day Agenda:
- 8:30 a.m. — Registration and welcome
- 9 a.m. — Keynote: Cargill, Jared Jacobs and Boone McAfee
- 10 a.m. — Morning workshops by UNL
- Assessing Soil Health by Caro Córdova, Ph.D.
- Summer Cover Crops by Katja Koehler-Cole, Ph.D., and Conner Biehler
- Noon — Lunch in exhibit hall and exhibit booths open
- 1 p.m. — Equipment for cover crop management
- Demo of Highboy interseeder
- Demo of roller crimper
- 2 p.m. — Tour of biochar study: Britt Fossum, UNL graduate student
- 2:50 p.m. — Conclusion and farewell
The field day will be held at the Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension and Education Center, 1071 County Rd G, Ithaca, NE 68033.
Registration is free and open online until Friday, Aug. 18.
We hope you can join us!
Caro Córdova, Katja Koehler-Cole, Aaron Nygren, Connor Biehler
Jared Jacobs, Boone McAfee