Grass and Grazing Webinar Series Scheduled in October and November
Nebraska Extension will host a six-session webinar series entitled “Knowing, Growing and Grazing Grass” a webinar series from 7:30 p.m.-8:45 p.m. CT on Monday and Thursday evenings beginning Oct. 23 through Nov. 9.
Topics will include:
- Identifying key grass species you want more of in your pastures.
- Understanding factors that influence grass growth and vigor in your operation.
- Calculating stocking rates and what the numbers mean for grazing management.
- Develop a grazing plan for your resource base, including drought management decision dates.
- Using the USDA Web Soil Survey to see what grass production could be.
- Understanding Pasture Range and Forage (PRF) insurance as a drought risk management tool.
The cost is $85 per person and includes a copy of Grassland Plants of South Dakota and the Northern Great Plains, and a resource notebook with Nebraska Extension NebGuides and circulars. The course will be limited to 25 participants.
Register online by Monday, Oct. 16 to ensure participants receive webinar resources before the series begins. A computer and internet connection will be needed to participate in the webinar series.
For questions about the webinar series, contact Aaron Berger, Nebraska Extension educator, at 308-235-3122.