Save the Dates: 2023 Nebraska Soil Health School
Check out these amazing opportunities to dive into the science of soil health with UNL. Much of the management of soil health seems intuitive; however, there is foundational knowledge of how soil functions and thrives, which is imperative to understanding and improving the continued capacity of the soil to function, or the soil’s “health”.
A newly designed Nebraska Soil Health School — a one-day workshop — will cover many aspects of the science related to soil health, including the value of the foundational soil health principles, the evaluation of soil health management practices, and many hands-on soil health investigations and demonstrations. We will offer CCA CEUs for those who attend. The goal of this collaborative effort between the UNL and USDA-NRCS is to enhance the technical soil-related knowledge of Nebraska farmers, ag professionals, UNL faculty/students and USDA NRCS employees. Making connections between each of the participants with leading scientists, local conservationists and others attending the Soil Health School, is also a top priority.
The Nebraska Soil Health School will be held at three locations across the state in 2023. The dates for the Soil Health School have been set as follows:
- March 2, 2023 — Venue: Prairie Winds Community Center, Bridgeport, Nebraska.
- Week of June 5, 2023 (specific date TBD) — Venue: UNL West Central Research, Extension and Education Center, North Platte, Nebraska.
- Week of Aug. 1, 2023 (specific date TBD) — Venue: Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension and Education Center, Mead, Nebraska.
More detailed information will be posted soon.
Nebraska Soil Health School Coordinators
- Bijesh Maharjan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 308-632-1372
- Aaron Hird, email@example.com, 402-437-4053
- Caro Cordova, firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-472-6292
- Katja Koehler-Cole, email@example.com, 402-624-8037
- Nicolas Cafaro La Menza, firstname.lastname@example.org, 308-696-6712
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.