Private Pesticide Training Offered by Zoom for 2022
Nebraska Extension will be offering five private pesticide applicator trainings via Zoom in March and April. Each one will have a different agricultural area of focus, including alfalfa, corn, soybean, pasture and wheat.
Several different steps must be met to attend these trainings.
- Preregistration will be required. Registration can be completed at the following links:
- March 28 at 1:30 p.m.: Alfalfa
- March 28 at 6:30 p.m.: Corn
- March 30 at 9:30 a.m.: Pasture
- March 30 at 2 p.m.: Wheat
- Training materials will need to be picked up at a county extension office PRIOR to training.
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture paper will need to be filled out and submitted when picking up training materials.
- The training fee of $50 will need to be paid when picking up training materials.
- Attend and participate in the training session where you have registered.
- A photo ID must be presented during the training session.
- A working web camera must be on for the duration of the training.
No certification will be initiated unless all seven requirements are completed. Individuals are encouraged to contact their local extension office first to see if training materials are available.
Each training will offer individuals the opportunity to pick one of the special topics. Those offered are:
- March 28: Alfalfa
- Cut, Bale, Scout
- Alfalfa Diseases
- March 28: Corn
- Tar Spot
- Corn Rootworm Management
- Herbicide Selection with Cover Crop Seeding
- March 30: Pasture
- Thistle ID and Management
- Calibration of Small Sprayers
- Tree Encroachment
- March 30: Wheat
- Stripe and Leaf Rust
- Herbicide Selection for Eastern Nebraska
For questions regarding the trainings, contact one the organizers below:
- Aaron Nygren, Nebraska Extension in Saunders County, 402-624-8030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Timmerman, Nebraska Extension in Holt County, 402-336-2760 or email@example.com
- Melissa Bartels, Nebraska Extension in Butler County, 402-367-7410 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mitiku Mamo, Nebraska Extension in Dixon County, 402-584-2234 or email@example.com
- Nathan Mueller, Nebraska Extension in Saline County, 402-821-2151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayne Ohnesorg, Nebraska Extension in Madison County, 402-370-4040 or email@example.com
- Jennifer Weisbrod, Nebraska Extension Pesticide Safety Education program coordinator, 402-472-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Todd Whitney, Nebraska Extension in Phelps County, 308-995-4222 or email@example.com
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.