4Rs Nutrient Stewardship Field Day Set for July 19
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is excited to offer the second annual 4Rs Nutrient Stewardship Field Day on July 19, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center, Ithaca, Nebraska.
The 4Rs is a nutrient management and water stewardship approach that emphasizes fertilizer use with the right source, right rate, right time and right placement of fertilizers. This science-based approach focuses on the best nutrient management practices and sustainable crop production with increasing crop yield and farmer’s profit while protecting the environment. Key advantages of following 4Rs Nutrient Management Stewardship include:
- An efficient and effective soil fertility program for optimizing the crop nutrient requirements.
- Reducing the cost of fertilizer input while ensuring crop nutrient needs.
- Increasing synchrony of soil nutrients availability and crop growth and development.
- Reducing the potential for nutrient loss to surface water, groundwater and air.
- Enabling efficient use of water with the combined interaction of nutrients availability, crop growth and water use.
- Improving soil organic matter and soil health benefits with more crop biomass production.
- Increasing nutrient use efficiency by minimizing nutrient losses.
Speakers from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln will be presenting topics related to 4Rs strategies to improve crop yield and profits while protecting the environment.
The event counts as 4.5 CEUs on Nutrient Management.
The field day is free, but registration is required for participation and will close Friday, July 15. More information is available on the registration page.
Coordinating the event is Javed Iqbal, Extension specialist and assistant professor of agronomy, who can be reached at email@example.com or 402-472-1432.
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.