Hops Field Day Set for Aug. 21 in North Platte
The 2021 WCREEC and NHGA Hops Field Day will be held Saturday, Aug. 21 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln West Central Research, Extension and Education Center at the W. P. Snyder Building, 402 W. State Farm Road in North Platte.
Representatives from Nebraska Extension, the Nebraska Hop Growers Association and the Nebraska Craft Brewers Guild will speak about hops production and hops associations in Nebraska. Department of Agronomy and Horticulture presenters will include Stacy Adams, associate professor of practice, Keenan Amundsen, associate professor, and Milos Zaric, an agronomy doctoral student. Participants will have the opportunity to visit the WCREEC Hop Yard to see up-to-date progress, equipment and hear about the overall goals and future research regarding hops.
This event is free, but registration is required.
- 9:45 a.m. — Arrival to WCREEC
- 10 a.m. — Welcome
- 10:05 a.m. — Dave Gleason (Nebraska Hop Growers Association): Introduction of Nebraska Hop Growers Association to the local community
- 10:25 a.m. — Stacy Adams (University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska Extension): Growth and development of hops in Nebraska
- 10:45 a.m. — Keenan Amundsen (University of Nebraska-Lincoln): Hops breeding and data collection throughout the state of Nebraska using Arable sensors
- 11:05 a.m. — Brianne Schuler (Nebraska Craft Brewers Guild): Introduction of the Nebraska Craft Brewers Guild to the local community
- 11:25 a.m. — Milos Zaric (University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate student) Visit to WCREEC Hop Yard
- Noon — Lunch break
- 1:10 p.m. — Milos Zaric (University of Nebraska-Lincoln agronomy graduate student) visit to Pesticide Application Technology Laboratory
- 2:30 p.m. — Adjourn
Questions? Contact Milos Zaric at 402-937-5528.