Follow the Weather Ready Farms Program on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Weather Ready Farms designation program is currently working to expand its social media presence to reach more farms and ranchers in Nebraska, as well as agricultural professionals. The Weather Ready Farms is designed to improve and increase resilience towards the impacts of extreme weather on Nebraska’s farms. Our social media platforms will be used to bring awareness about farm resiliency and agriculture education events and resources offered by Nebraska Extension, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and other partnered agriculture education programs. We will also highlight the research of Nebraska Extension educators and offer updates about Weather Ready Farms progress, developing pilots and interviews with their participants.
As WRF expands its social media platforms, content will feature:
- Weekly posts highlighting different farm resiliency topics such as:
- Soil Health
- Cover Crops
- Nitrogen Management
- Water Management
- Climate Change & Sustainability
- Pest Management
- Plant Pathology
- Financial Education
- Mental Health
- Crop Production
- Livestock Management
- On-farm Research
- Weekly posts about Agriculture Education events from Nebraska Extension and partner programs. Partner programs include but are not limited to:
- Nebraska Extension On-Farm Research Network
- Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
- UNL School of Natural Resources (SNR)
- UNL Department of Agronomy and Horticulture (AgHort)
- UNL Agricultural Economics (Ag Econ)
- UNL Department of Entomology
- UNL College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CASNR)
- UNL School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (SVMBS)
- UNL Department of Plant Pathology (Plant Path)
- North Central Water Network
- North Central Climate Collaborative (NC3)
- Soil Health Nexus
- Daugherty Water for Food Institute
- Conservation Nebraska
- Women in Agriculture Program
- Meet the team profiles
- Learn about all the Extension professionals assisting in the program.
- Retweets and reposts of relevant research, events and resources.
If there are any agriculture education events that you would like Weather Ready Farms to feature on its social media pages, please contact Candace Hulbert. Also, please reach out if you would like to do an interview about your research or extension work to be featured on the WRF social media pages.
Follow the Weather Ready Farms social media pages on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to stay in the loop.
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.