2022 Crop Production Clinics Begin Jan. 5
Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 5, the 2022 Nebraska Crop Production Clinics will feature live presentations and present research updates and information tailored to regional crop issues and grower interests. Sponsored by Nebraska Extension, the programs will be held in-person on nine days throughout January, with the final clinic offered via zoom on Friday, Jan. 28.
Session topics will include crop production, insect management, pesticide safety, disease management, soil fertility, water management, weed management, and agribusiness management and marketing.
Pesticide applicator recertification training will also be available.
Clinic dates and locations are as follows:
- Jan. 5 — Gering Civic Center, Gering
- Jan. 6 — Mid-Plains Community College – South Campus, North Platte
- Jan. 11 — Northeast Community College, Norfolk
- Jan. 13 — Holiday Inn Express, Beatrice
- Jan. 19 — C3 Hotel & Convention Center, Hastings
- Jan. 21 — Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension and Education Center (ENREEC), Ithaca
- Jan. 25 — Younes Conference Center, Kearney
- Jan. 26 — Holthus Convention Center, York
- Jan. 28 — Virtual via Zoom
Individual clinics will be customized to address topics specific to that area of the state, allowing growers to get research-based information on the issues they face locally.
Visit the Crop Production Clinics 2022 website for the most up-to-date information.
Registration is available online for each location. Pre-registration is required and costs $80.
Certified Crop Advisor credits will be available in these areas: crop production, nutrient management, integrated pest management, water management and professional development.
Pesticide Applicator Recertification: The clinics will offer commercial and non-commercial pesticide applicators a venue to renew their licenses in the General Standards, Ag Plant and Demonstration/Research categories.
The crop production clinics also will serve as a venue for private pesticide applicators to renew their licenses.
Chris Proctor, clinics coordinator and extension educator, 402-472-5411.
Registration questions can be directed to Connie Hansen, 402-472-8747.