Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic – Updated Submission Procedures
As the growing season continues, the Plant & Pest Diagnostic Clinic is here to serve Nebraska growers by helping correctly identify weeds, insects, and plant diseases that are popping up. While practicing social distancing and working from home when possible, we are staggering work in the clinic to ensure that samples are still being processed in a timely manner. Due to this staggered work schedule, our phone may not be answered, however please leave a voicemail and we will respond when we are able. At this time, email is the best method of communication for non-urgent business.
Unfortunately, buildings on campus have restricted access so we are unable to have visitors in the clinic. However, we have a cooler available to drop samples at both Plant Science Hall and a smaller drop box located at Entomology Hall for any plant samples with insect damage.
As always, High Quality Samples Lead to Better Diagnoses, and we have a few more tips to make sure that our diagnosticians and Extension specialists are getting the samples in a timely manner.
- If possible, ship via FedEx or UPS; we have had samples sent via USPS that have been lost recently.
- If FedEx or UPS are not an option, please contact either Kyle Broderick or Kyle Koch prior to shipment for additional instructions.
- We are happy to meet to collect oversized samples if prior arrangements are made for collection. Most days, someone will be working in the clinic from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Plant Science Hall Dropbox Location: Outside of the west, first floor door to Plant Science Hall. This is down a short stairwell and under a 2nd floor canopy to keep the samples from being in direct sunlight. Label sample with name and contact information.
- The physical address is 1875 N. 38th Street, Lincoln, NE.
- Entomology Hall Dropbox Location: Outside of west entrance to Entomology Hall. When facing the main doors, sample box is on the left side of the entryway. Please label samples with name(s) and contact information.
- Physical address is 1700 E Campus Mall, Lincoln, NE
- Please contact either Kyle Broderick or Kyle Koch when samples are dropped off to ensure quick pickup.
- Drop boxes will be checked at the end of business Monday – Friday, but not over the weekend unless prior arrangements are made.
Online Master of Science in Agronomy
With a focus on industry applications and research, the online program is designed with maximum flexibility for today's working professionals.