July 2020 Disease Reports from the UNL Diagnostic Clinic
The following diseases were reported in samples submitted to the UNL Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic from July 1 through July 15.
- Central District – Frogeye Leaf Spot, Phyllosticta Leaf Spot
- East District – Phytophthora Root and Stem Rot, Rhizoctonia Damping Off, Frogeye Leaf Spot
- North District – Rhizoctonia Damping Off
- Southeast District – Phytophthora Root and Stem Rot
- South District – Frogeye Leaf Spot
- Central District – Northern Corn Leaf Blight
- East District – Anthracnose Leaf Blight, Common Rust
- Northeast District – Fusarium Crown and Root Rot
- South District – Northern Corn Leaf Blight, Bacterial Leaf Streak
- Southeast District – Fusarium Crown and Root Rot, Southern rust, common rust
- Northwest District – Wheat Streak Mosaic Virus
Find more information and photos about each of these diseases in the Crop Disease Management section of CropWatch for Wheat, Soybean, and Corn. If you'd like to submit a sample to the clinic for diagnosis, check this CW story, Quality Samples Lead to Better Diagnosis, for tips on packaging and sending samples.
Visit the Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic page in CropWatch for
- information on how to submit crop and pest samples,
- a sample submission form, and
- a fee schedule for diagnostic services.