2020 Weed Management Field Days Available Online
The 2020 in-person Weed Management Field Days were not possible due to Covid-19. However, information about projects for this year's growing season were recorded for Virtual Field Days and are available online.
Amit Jhala, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture associate professor and Extension weed management specialist, organizes the large-scale Extension Field Days every year to demonstrate the results of weed management research to Nebraska growers, crop consultants and industry stakeholders.
2020 Virtual Weed Management Field Day at South Central Ag Lab
- Welcome address by Dr. Chuck Hibberd, Emeritus Dean and Director of Nebraska Extension
- Comparison of Herbicide Programs for Weed Control in Soybean
- Weed Control and Crop Safety in Xtend Flex Soybean
- Authority Brand Programs in Enlist Soybean
- Glyphosate Alternatives for Terminating Cereal Rye Cover Crop in Soybean
- Comparison of Herbicide Programs for Weed Control in Corn
- Atrazine Alternatives for Pre-emergence Weed Control in Corn
- Management of Johnsongrass and Foxtail Species with Post-emergence Herbicides in White and Yellow Popcorn Hybrids
2020 Virtual Atrazine, Glyphosate, and ALS inhibitors-resistant Palmer amaranth Management Field Day
- Welcome address byMartha Mamo, Department Head, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture
- Palmer amaranth: Introduction
- Effect of Row Spacing and Herbicide Programs for Control of Resistant Palmer amaranth Management of Resistant Palmer amaranth in Enlist E3 Corn
- Early Post-emergence OR late Post-emergence Herbicides for control of Resistant Palmer amaranth
- Comparison of Residual Herbicides for Control of Resistant Palmer amaranth in non-GMO White Corn
For more information about Nebraska's weed science and management, contact Jhala at firstname.lastname@example.org.