New CW Podcast on Soybean Seedling Diseases April 26, 2019
Soybean seedling diseases are the focus of this CropWatch Podcast with Extension Educator Michael Sindelar and Extension Plant Pathologist Tamra Jackson-Ziems.
They discuss soybean germination concerns, particular issues for 2019, what to look for when scouting soybean stands, resources to use in making disease management decisions, and how to manage Pythium and Phythophthora, a water mold that tends to prefer wet soil conditions. They also discuss strategies for controlling soilborne diseases in general.
For more information, view these resources referenced on the podcast:
- Nebraska Extension videos on soybean seedling disease management;
- the 2019 Guide for Weed, Disease, and Insect Management in Nebraska for information on seed treatments and their efficacy against specific diseases;
- Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic in Lincoln, where plant samples can be submitted for diagnosis;
- a February 19 CropWatch article on soybean seed germination concerns for 2019;
- Disease Management in Soybeans section in CropWatch.
This podcast is 15 minutes.