View Latest Field Research at South Central Field Day Aug. 1
View current field trials focused on improving crop production and profitability at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s South Central Agricultural Laboratory on Thursday, August 1. The event is designed so guests can customize their day to select the tours they're most interested in. Presentation topics include:
- Cover crops, pollinators and weed management
- Euopean corn borer, corn rootworm, and cover crop insect control
- Herbicide-resistant weed management
- Assessing injury and management decisions in corn and soybeans
- Corn and soybean disease updates, including the latest on bacterial leaf streak and frogeye leaf spot
- Sensor-based nitrogen management in irrigated corn
- Corn stover harvest management and impacts
The field day also includes the mobile beef and science labs and hail machine demonstrations.
The event begins with registration at 8:30 a.m., followed by tours of research sites through 4 p.m. Lunch and refreshments are included. Attendees are asked to preregister by July 29 for planning purposes. SCAL is at 851 Hwy. 6 near Harvard. Continuing Education Units have been applied for and are pending.