Cash-Rent Workshops to Cover Current Rates, Leases, Budgets
Nebraska Extension land specialists Allan Vyhnalek, Austin Duerfeldt, Glennis McClure, and Jim Jansen conduct research and outreach in land management, crop budgets, communications, and negotiations. They will address common agricultural landlord and tenant questions such as:
- What does an equitable rental rate look like for my land?
- How do I manage a farmland lease?
- How could the lease be adjusted for recent flood damage?
- What should I expect for communications between the landlord and tenant?
- What are key pasture leasing considerations including stocking rates?
- Who is responsible for cedar tree removal from grazing land?
What does it cost to raise crops on my ground?
“Landlords and tenants often face land management questions and decisions,” said Allan Vyhnalek, extension educator and workshop presenter. “Both may be concerned with equitable treatment and it can be difficult to keep up with the current trends. This workshop will provide participants with up-to-date information and discuss current issues to assist with decision making.”
Registration is 15 minutes prior to start time. The meeting registration cost is $15 per person or $25 per couple. Please register with the local county extension office at least three business days prior to the event. Registration will include refreshments and handouts.
For more information or to register, please contact the local county extension office, Allan Vyhnalek, extension educator, farm succession, at 402-472-1771 or email@example.com, or contact Jim Jansen, extension economist for eastern Nebraska at 402-261-7572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Locations
- Aug. 8, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center near Mead (includes lunch)
- Contact Keith Glewen at 402-624-8030 or email@example.com
- Aug. 9, 9 a.m. to noon: Dakota County Extension Office, 1505 Broadway St., Dakota City
- Contact Carol Larvick at 402-987-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aug. 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: St. Paul Community Library, 1301 Howard Ave., St. Paul (includes lunch)
- Contact Troy Ingram at 308-754-5422 or email@example.com
- Aug. 20, 9 a.m. to noon: Saline County Extension Office, 306 W 3rd St. Wilber
- Contact Randy Pryor at 402-821-2101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aug. 21, 1 – 4 p.m.: Lancaster County Extension Office, 444 Cherrycreek Rd., Lincoln
- Contact Tyler Williams at 402-441-7180 or email@example.com