Presentations from the 2018 Sorghum Symposium
Presentations from the 2018 Nebraska Sorghum Symposium are now available online in Powerpoint and PDF formats. The symposium was held January 18 at the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture in Curtis and sponsored by the Nebraska Grain Sorghum Producers Association (NeGSPA), Nebraska Grain Sorghum Board, and Nebraska Extension.
Program presentations include
- 2018 Agricultural Climate Outlook by Allen Dutcher, Nebraska extension agricultural climatologist; PDF version
- Grain Sorghum Production in Western Nebraska by Cody Creech, Nebraska extension dryland cropping specialist, Panhandle Research and Extension Center; PDF version
- The Grazing Value of Grain Sorghum Residue and How Cover Crops Fit In by Galen Erickson, Nebraska extension beef feedlot nutrition specialist; PDF version
- 2018: It's Not Getting any Easier, a market analysis and look at demand trends for 2018, by Dennis Macfee with Ag West Commodities; PDF version
- Research and Development and Product Development Update by Scott Staggenborg, vice-president of research and development for Chromatin; PDF version
- National Sorghum Update by Chris Cogburn, senior policy advisor for the National Sorghum Producers; PDF version
For more information on the symposium, see this CropWatch article.