Landlord-Tenant Lease Workshops at 4 Panhandle Locations January 22, 2018
Kimball, January 29 at 6:30 p.m. at the Kimball 4-H Building. To register call the Kimball County Extension Office at 308-235-3122.
Scottsbluff, February 14 at 1 p.m. at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center. To register call Jessica Groskopf, 308-632-1247.
Alliance, February 15 at 1:00 p.m. at the Alliance Public Library. To register call the Box Butte County Extension Office at 308-762-5616.
Bridgeport, February 15 at 3:30 p.m. at the Prairie Winds Community Center. To register call the Morrill County Extension Office at 308-262-1022.
Developing win-win farm leases while maintaining positive relationships will be the focus of a series of Landlord-Tenant Lease Workshops being held this winter. The programs will be presented by Nebraska Extension educators and held at four sites in the Panhandle: Kimball, Alliance, Scottsbluff and Bridgeport.
Numerous Landlord-Tenant Lease workshops have been held across Nebraska in recent years, with over 3,300 attending. Both landlords and tenants have reported the programs to be very helpful to improving communications, setting rental terms, and learning about the use of flex lease provisions. As crop budgets tighten, it is even more important to attend and hear the latest information about leasing issues.
It is most helpful if the tenant and landlord, as well as their spouses, attend together.
Workshop topics will include:
- Latest information about land values and cash rental rates for the area and state
- Lease communication: Determining appropriate information sharing for both the tenant and landlord
- Lease termination, including terminating handshake or verbal leases
- Review of common lease provisions, with emphasis on common provision questions
- Legal issues related to land ownership — basic ownership structures and what they mean
- Flexible lease arrangements
Preregistration is requested to ensure enough handouts are prepared. Register by calling the extension office in the host county of the workshop at least three days prior to the event.