42% of Nebraska's Corn, 16% of Soybeans in the Ground
Corn planted was 42% done, near 46% for both last year and the five-year average, according to the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service report for the week ending May 6. Two percent of the corn crop had emerged, behind 9% last year and the average of 10%.
- Soybeans planted was 16%, near 12% both last year and for the average.
- Winter wheat condition rated 1% very poor, 6% poor, 32% fair, 51% good, and 10% excellent.
- Sorghum planted was 3%, near 4% last year and the average of 6%.
- Oats planting was 79% complete, behind 93% last year and the average of 92%. Emerged was 44%, well behind 73% last year and the avrage of 70%.
- Pasture and range conditions rated 2% very poor, 10% poor, 40% fair, 46% good, and 2% excellent.
Topsoil moisture supplies rated 2% very short, 23% short, 73% adequate, and 2% surplus. Subsoil moisture supplies rated 3% very short, 27% short, 69% adequate, and 1% surplus.
Access the National Crop Progress and Condition publication at: http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/nass/CropProg/2010s/2018/CropProg-05-07-2018.pdf