Western Nebraska Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease Workshop August 15, 2017
An Aug. 29 Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease workshop is designed to help landlords and tenants put together a lease that is right for both parties involved and help maintain positive farm leasing relationships. It will be held at the University of Nebraska Panhandle Research and Extension Center from 9-11:30 a.m.
Topics for discussion include:
- latest information about land values and cash rental rates for the area and state;
- lease communication, determining appropriate information sharing for both the tenant and landlord;
- lease terminations, including terminating handshake or verbal leases;
- legal issues related to land ownership; and
- flexible lease arrangements.
To register for this free workshop, contact Extension Educator Jessica Groskopf at 308-632-1247.
Register by Aug. 25, to ensure that there are enough handouts and refreshments.
Presenters are Jim Jansen, UNL Extension Educator/Ag Extension Economist serving northeast
Nebraska, and Allan Vyhnalek, UNL Extension Educator for Farm Succession serving
The agricultural land management workshop series have been held extensively across Nebraska for the past several years, with more than 3,300 attending. The vast majority of landlords and tenants find the information to be very helpful in improving communications, setting rental terms, and learning about agricultural land. As farm budgets tighten, it is even more important to attend and listen to the latest discussion about leasing issues.
This workshop is sponsored by the North Central Risk Management Education Center and Nebraska