Technologies for Irrigation Management Field Day Sept. 8 August 24, 2016
Nebraska Extension and MidPlains Ag are collaborating on a Technologies for Irrigation Management Field Day near Elgin on Thursday, Sept. 8. The field day will be held at the Rich Uhrenholdt farm 3 miles south and 5.5 miles west of Elgin from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Presentations will include
- how to develop management zone maps,
- soil water sensor technologies,
- use of variable frequency drives for energy conservation,
- incentives for implementing new technologies,
- and the latest long-term weather forecast for the region.
Extension Dean Chuck Hibberd will be the keynote speaker on how Nebraska Extension can help producers implement irrigation water management tools. Discussions will address current field research. Demonstrations will include pivot pressure regulator testing and electric power safety. Participants are invited to bring a pressure regulator from their center pivot to be tested at the Nebraska Extension booth.
Over 25 companies will have exhibits related to improving irrigation water management.
A noon meal will be provided by the Elgin FFA club as a fundraiser.