UNL CropWatch, Dec. 9, 2016
UNL CropWatch, Dec. 9, 2016 December 9, 2016
- Wheat Disease Management Tips for 2017. Growers can start taking steps now to thwart the potential impact of wheat diseases next summer.
In January Nebraska Extension is offering two major educational opportunities where growers and agribusiness can access the latest crop production, pest, and farm management information to fine-tune their practices and their recommendations. Learn about recent research and the implications for crop production in Nebraska, as well as new technologies and recommendations for strategic farm management during an economic downturn. Both educational options offer pesticide recertification and CCA credits.
- Crop Production Clinics Jan. 4-19 across Nebraska offer growers an array of timely, research-based topics and product and regulation updates. Specialists and educators will be traveling to nine sites to provide programming customized to local needs.
- The new Nebraska Crop Management Conference Jan. 19-20 in Kearney offers a compact, two-day educational event. With two half-day workshops and 22 in-depth sessions, attendees can focus on what's most pertinent to their operation.
- On this week's Market Journal program Nebraska Farm Business Inc. Executive Director Tina Barrett discusses trends in net farm income, family living costs, and net worth. Barrett also describes factors impacting 2017 crop production margins. Other segments include the forecast for the coming week, an outline of the Renewable Fuel Standards volume obligations for 2017, and Nebraska opportunities for international ag trade.
Nebraska Extension & IANR Event Reminders
- Farmers & Ranchers College with David Kohl Dec. 14 in Bruning
- Nebraska Soybean Day and Machinery Expo Dec. 15
- Southeast Nebraska Successful Farmer Series Starts Dec. 16 with programs on cover crops and wheat
- Landlord-Tenant Cash Lease Workshops Continue Dec. 19-21 in Broken Bow, McCook, North Platte, and Grant
- Precision Ag Data Management Workshops starting Jan. 10.
- Inaugural Grower-Brewer Conference & Trade Show