September 30, 2016
- In-Field Tips for Collecting Accurate Yield Monitor Data, starting with the most recent firmware and accurate monitor calibration.
- Related Publication: Precision Agriculture — Best Management Practices for Collecting Accurate Yield Data and Avoiding Errors During Harvest (EC2004)
- Scouting for Stalk and Ear Rot Diseases in Corn. Top dieback from stalk rot has been reported in some areas.
Dry Edible Beans
- Direct Harvest of Dry Edible Beans — Why Some Growers are Transitioning to This System
Grain Storage (Archived)
- Long-Term Grain Storage Requires Good Management
- Pros and Cons of Alternative Storage Options
- Preparing Grain Bins and Equipment for Harvest
- Who is on your Farm and Ranch Management (FARM) Team? Building a strong team of advisors who know your operation can you help you in good times and tough times.
- Barriers to Successful Farm/Ranch Business Transfers (Sept. 28 Cornhusker Economics)
- Farm Finance and Ag Law Clinics Set for October
IANR & Extension
- Market Journal: On this week's show view segments on information resources from the Nebraska State Climate Office, a review of drought conditions during the last water year, ag trade with Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, beef genomics, the cattle market and the forecast for the coming week.
- Changes at UNL Plant & Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- Don't miss: Science Advocate Mark Lynas to Present Oct. 10 Heuermann Lecture. His topic is "GMOs are Green: How an Environmentalist Changed His Mind about Biotechnology." Attend live, stream online or catch archived presentation later.
- Crop Reports
- Recent CW News
- Ask an Expert — Contact a UNL specialist
- UNL Crop Blogs
- IANR Mobile Apps
- Extension Resources
- Other Crop Resources
- NebGuides & Extension Circulars
UNL_CropWatch on Twitter
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.