-Test your knowledge of corn development with this online crossword puzzle!
-Thinking about planting? Find terms related to Prepping for Planting!
-What macronutrients do crops need? Play Crops Hangman to find out!
Mark your calendars for August 6, 2014
Youth who have completed 7-12th grades are eligle to participate.
Details coming soon!!!
Tractor Safety Courses: 7 courses offered across the state!
Crop and Plant Science Facts
Dig into some interesting facts about Nebraska crops.
- Learn how crops grow and factors that affect them.
Learn the science behind crops issues and how crop science relates to careers, through fun activities!
- Be savvy on crop growth, diseases, insects and weeds.
- Just have some fun and test your knowledge with interactive games.
- Learn about exciting career opportunities related to crop and plant science. The University of Nebraska offers great majors for anyone interested in anything plants. Check it out!
Check out all the opportunities to learn through hands-on projects and workshops on:
- plant sciences,
- crop production,
- range management,
- Crop Science Investigation - integrated pest management.
Pick some of your own interesting projects and enter your project in your local county or state fair!
Encourage youth to think more about agricultural careers with the help of educational resources for:
- 4-H Leaders
- Ag Teachers
- Extension Personnel
- Interested Parents/ Mentors
For more information on degree programs in agronomy or other plant science related careers:
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Agronomy Department See information and degree requirements.
- The College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) offers 28 programs of study and two pre-professional programs in agriculture.
Crop & Plant Science Facts
Activities for Youth
Innovative Corn Yield Challenge
4-H & FFA Crop Projects
Teaching Activities & Resources
Soil Lesson Plans
Links to Soil Websites
2013 NE Ag Ed Soils Project Presentations
Ag Water Resources
2013 Excellence in Ag Sciences Presentations