Field Pea Field Days Scheduled for June at 5 Locations across Nebraska
Field Pea Field Days Scheduled for June at 5 Locations across Nebraska May 24, 2017
Field Pea Field Days will be held at five sites in the Panhandle and west central Nebraska this June. Several will be conducted in conjunction with Nebraska Winter Wheat Field Days.
At each site participants will be able to view field pea varieties and learn about rotational benefits and agronomic practices to profitably grow field peas and integrate them with existing cropping systems. Depending on the location, field days will also include:
- Tour of Gavilon’s field pea grain processing facility in Hastings (Webster County Field Day)
- Plot tours of wheat, cover crops, forage, and grain sorghum research
- Indoor sessions featuring topics on wheat and field pea production in Nebraska and Kansas
Directions to the research plots and detailed agenda for each location can be found in the flyers for each site, linked here:
- June 16 (Friday), 8 a.m. – Webster County (near Bladen)
- June 19 (Monday), 9:30 a.m. – UNL WCREC at North Platte
- June 20 (Tuesday), 8 a.m. – Perkins County (near Grant)
- June 21 (Wednesday), 8 a.m. – UNL HPAL at Sidney
- June 22 (Thursday), 9 a.m. – Hemingford and 1 p.m. – Scottsbluff
For those interested in attending only wheat or field pea plot tours, check flyers for starting times.
Nebraska Field Pea Field Days are sponsored by the SARE in Nebraska (Sustainable Agriculture and Research Education) and are free. Lunch and refreshments will be served at each location, except Hemingford.
Pre-registration is requested for the three West Central sites (Webster County, North Platte, and Grant) by June 14. Register online.
For more information on the west central field days (June 19-22) call the Perkins County Extension Office at 308-352-4340 or email Strahinja Stepanovic at email@example.com.
For more information on the Panhandle field days contact Dipak Santra at firstname.lastname@example.org