CropWatch July 21, 2016
- Higher Prices for Later Delivery in Winter Wheat. Large supplies and resulting differences in futures market contract prices for winter wheat could mean higher returns for winter wheat producers who price grain now for later delivery.
- Managing Winter Wheat Price Risk with Marketing Assistance Loans. Nebraska wheat producers may want to consider marketing assistance loans (MALs) as a part of their post-harvest marketing plan this year.
- Project SENSE Demonstrations to Feature High-Tech Sensors in Action
- July 27 — Cairo
- July 29 — Beaver Crossing
- Aug. 1 — Schuyler
- Aug. 3 — Duncan
Crop Reports & Notes
- From Extension Educators across the state, USDA NASS, & the US Drought Monitor. Including: While there's a lot of media talk about pollination issues during a heat wave, it's not the issue it used to be. Here's why.
- Reminders: Check stored grain every two weeks during the summer. Insects and disease can flourish in warm grain.
- Check recent CropWatch issues for scouting and treatment guides for insect & disease pests, including links to speed scouting apps for western bean cutworm
- See daily updates of plant evapotranspiration (ET) and accumulated growing degree days for 20 Nebraska sites in CW Weather Resources.
Alfalfa & Forage Production
IANR & Extension Events