CropWatch CropWatch Nov. 18, 2016
- Grain Drying and Storage Tips, including how to stop a 1-inch rain from turning into a $39,000 loss if outdoor piles haven't been well managed.
- Developing Undergraduate Research and Extension Expertise in Integrated Agronomic Systems. A group of students with experiential learning fellowships worked side-by-side with researchers and advisors in the University of Nebraska Department of Agronomy and Horticulture earlier this year to tackle timely research issues, moving from classroom to field research to sharing their results in these stories.
- How Harvest Timing Influences Switchgrass Production
- Does the Grazing of Cover Crops by Cattle Compact Soil?
- Carbon and Nitrogen Content of Winter Cover Crop Biomass
- Do Winter Annual Small Grains Reduce Perennial Grass Establishment?
- Potential Benefits of Sorghum-Sudangrass as a Companion Crop to Establish Forage and Native Legume Species
- Cover Crop Effects on Soil Properties
- What are the Remnant Effects of Rye and Oat Cover Crops on Corn Development?
IANR & Extension
- Introducing New Eastern Nebraska Crops Specialist Justin McMechan
- Southeast Nebraska Successful Farmer Series Starts Dec. 16
Nebraska Crop Reports
- This week's reports from Nebraska Extension, USDA NASS with photos of two wheat breeding trials.
- This week's Market Journal includes segments on drought conditions in Nebraska, registration of XtendiMax with VaporGrip Technology, a market analysis, and next week's weather forecast.
Corn & Soybean Production
- Farm Finance and Ag Law Clinics in December. Due to the holidays, this month's clinics all occur between Dec. 1 and Dec. 16 so plan accordingly if you're looking for year-end counsel.
- Quicken Workshop for Farm-Ranch Recordkeeping Monday, Nov. 21 in Scottsbluff
- Ag Lease Workshops are continuing across the state: Next week's workshops in West Point and Mead include an additional Flexible Lease Workshop in the afternoon
- Market Journal Roadshow with Cornhusker Outlook looks at current ag outlook and potential impact on 2017 management decisions Nov. 28 - Dec. 2.
- Western Sustainable Ag Crops and Livestock Conference Dec. 3 at Sidney to explore alternative ag opportunities.