- Key to Nutrient Deficiencies in Soybean
- Key to Nutrient Deficiencies in Wheat and other Small Grains
- Key to Nutrient Deficiencies in Corn and Sorghum
Plant symptoms can be used to differentiate and identify crop nutrient disorders. Symptoms of nutrient deficiency vary with variety, growing conditions, and plant age. Similar symptoms may be caused by other abiotic or biotic stresses. Use these symptom keys to help identify nutrient disorders observed in Nebraska corn and sorghum, soybean, or wheat and small grains.
- Uganda Fertilizer Optimizer - is intended to maximize net returns on investment in fertilizer for finance constrained crop production through optimized selection of crop-nutrient-rate combinations. It considers 15 crop-nutrient response functions including functions for maize, sorghum, rice, dry bean, peanut, and soybean. NEW
*requires Excel 2007 or later
- Fertilizer Chooser - 8.3 MB Binary file uses Java Run Time Environment. Free download.
Manual to accompany the Fertilizer Chooser (Word file, 933KB)
manual includes Installation Instructions
- Hybrid-Maize Model - A computer program for simulating corn growth and yield
- Corn Nitrogen Recommendations Calculator
- Winter Wheat Fertilizer Calculator. Use these calculators in conjunction with Extension Circular EC 143 (PDF 889 KB, 10 pages)
- Yield Check - An algorithm for filtering yield monitor data. (compressed zip file includes PDF explanation document)
University of Nebraska Department of Agronomy and Horticulture site for fertilizer recommendations.
Calculate fertilizer recommendations for all crops produced in Nebraska:
- Directly enter crop and soil test information, or,
- Upload files with test information from analytical laboratories.