February 25, 2013
Soybean Management Field Day Presentations
If you missed the 2012 Soybean Management Field Days, you can still learn from the presentations. The following Powerpoint segments include audio.
The 2012 field days focused on helping soybean growers stay competitive in a global market, increase profits, and meet the world's growing food and energy needs. These programs were held in August 2012 at Lexington, O'Neill, Platte Center, and David City.
- Quest for the Holy Grain in Soybean Production
Part I with Greg Kruger, UNL Extension cropping systems specialist; and Evan Sonderegger, UNL graduate student.
Part II with Charles Shapiro, UNL soils scientist-crop nutrition
- Herbicide Resistant Weeds with Lowell Sandell, UNL extension educator in weed science, and Kruger
- Making Pesticide Applications Efficienct and Effective with Kruger, Sandell, and Cody Creech, UNL graduate student
- Soybean Seed Treatments and Foliar Fungicides vwith Loren GIesler, UNL extension plant pathologist, and Soybeans, BioStimulants and Inoculants and Michael Rethwisch, extension educator.
- Managing Land Leases with UNL Extension Educator Allan Vyhnalek
- Marketing and Risk Management with Jeff Peterson, president of Heartland Farm Partners
- SoyWater: A Decision-Aid Web-Based Tool for the Soybean Producer with Jim Specht, professor of agronomy and horticulture; Jessica Torrion, UNL reserach associate; and Patricio Grassini, UNL research assistant professor
The 2012 Soybean Management Field Days were sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board in partnership with UNL Extension and the Soy Checkoff.