October 12, 2012 - Index of Stories
UNL CropWatch October 12, 2012 - Index of Stories
How might the drought affect dryland corn seeding rates for 2013? UNL agronomists model three populations and their yield potential, based on soil moisture at planting. More
As the number of studies of wind potential in Nebraska grows, so does the number of testing towers. See how invisible they are to a pilot and how to change that. More
October 12-19, 2012
- Consideration of Dryland Corn Seeding Rate after a Season of Severe Drought. UNL agronomists model potential dryland corn yield at two sites — North Platte and Mead — to see how various seeding rates and a partially depleted soil moisture profile at planting is likely to affect yield.
- DroughtResources.unl.edu. For more information on responding to the drought, see this UNL website for farm, ranch, home and more.
- Farm Finance Clinics Scheduled for October. Free, confidential advice from an ag attorney and ag finance adviser
- Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease Workshops Offered in November and December. Learn what to consider when developing your lease this year.
- Market Journal Looks at This Week's Crop Report and Its Market Effects
- Extension Crop Reports and Weather Update
- Nebraska's Corn Crop Forecast at 1.3 Billion bu, Down 15% from 2011
- Forest Service Urges Extra Precautions Against Wildfires this Fall. This was one of our worst years ever for wildfires. Learn what steps you can take to prevent them and training you can use when responding to them.
- Wildland Fire Training to be Held in Valentine and LaVista
- Nebraska Pilots Group Funds UNL Extension Tower-Safety Project
IANR & Extension Programs & Resources
- Market Journal Looks at Manure Application Changes Due to the Drought (View selected segments too.)
- Recent Webinar on Value of Grazing Corn Stalks Now Available Online
Drought and a mild winter could influence disease in winter wheat. Stephen Wegulo, UNL Extension plant pathologist, shows growers what diseases could appear and how they can minimize potential damage. See more Market Journal segments.