Oct. 31, 2014
UNL CropWatch Oct. 31, 2014
- Why You'll Want to Sample for SCN This Fall. Planning to take soil samples this fall? Also sample for SCN and get free analysis courtesy of the Nebraska Soybean Board.
- SCN Sampling is Part Science, Part Art. Tips for how to take samples and areas to target for focused sampling.
- Leaf and Stripe Rust in Fall-Planted Wheat. While rust on fall-planted wheat is rare, this year's extended warm fall temperatures have been conducive to its development. What's this likely to mean for the 2015 crop?
- On-Farm Research Helps Growers Generate Results. Did a new product or the extra application of fertilizer or water pay off this year? Learn how to conduct your own research trials to evaluate your products and practices.
- View segments on the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network, the soybean harvest in Brazil and Argentina, the evolution of the commodity markets and the purpose of commodity index traders, and an analysis of the cattle markets.
Programs & Resources
- Nov. 6 Heuermann Lecture to Focus on Importance of Ag Communications. WGN's Orion Samuelson, who presents 18 ag reports daily and co-hosts "This Week in Agri-Business", will speak on "What Does Agricultural Communication Mean in the 21st Century?"
- UNL and FSA to Host Series of Meetings on 2014 Farm Bill. Get information important to your program selections this winter.
- Panhandle Farm Bill Workshops are underway.
- Cornhusker Economics Outlook Meetings Cross the State in November. Focusing on crop, livestock, policy, and financial outlooks and management decisions for farmers and ranchers
- Ag Finance and Legal Assistance Clinics in November
- UNL Farmers and Ranchers College Announces Winter Programs on the ag outlook, beef production, and a humorous look at today's agricultural trends.