May 11, 2012
UNL CropWatch May 11, 2012
Wheat streak mosaic in wheat in western Nebraska. For a full update on wheat diseases in the state, see this week's CropWatch story.
May 12, 2012
- Timetable for Common Stalk Borer Scouting Moves Earlier. Degree days indicate corn growers in southeast Nebraska and in counties along the Kansas border should be scouting field borders, grass terraces and waterways now.
- Forecasting Stalk Borer Growth Stage
- Wheat Disease Update. Dry weather this week slowed development of striped rust, decreasing the risk of yield loss. Risk of scab also staying low with dry conditions.
- Nebraska Winter Wheat Crop Down 9% from 2011
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- Planting Surges Ahed with Warm, Dry Conditions, Little Rain (May 14, 2012)
- USDA: Planting Progresses Rapidly with Good Conditions
- UNL and UNESCO-IHE Partnership Brings International Ag, Water Opportunities
- Biomass Expansion Could Provide Economic Advantage for Nebraska Producers
UNL IANR & Extension Programs & Resources
- Water for Food Conference to Feature Global Perspective
- For Rural America, the Future Belongs to Those Who Embrace New Realities
- Rural Futures Conference Participants Agree Hard Work, Challenges are Ahead