March 6, 2013 Index of Stories
UNL CropWatch March 6, 2013 Index of Stories
Grey, cloudy days with cooler temperatures and some moisture were the norm in eastern Nebraska this week. Predictions are for the state to see more significant moisture over the next couple of weeks. (Photo by Nick Manes)
March 6, 2013
- Crop Prices Set for Insurance; Deadline is March 15. Price volatility factors were also set and are slightly lower than in 2012, which may have a cheapening effect on this year's premiums.
- Farm Estate and Transition Workshop March 27 in York
- Free Farm Finance Clinics for March
- Checking for Residual Nitrate this Spring. Nitrate levels are quite variable, depending on the previous crop, how it was fertilized, and irrigation and weather conditions. Testing is recommended to determine field levels.
- March Workshops to Focus on Weed Resistance Management. It's going to take a community of individual efforts to control the development of herbicide-resistant weeds in Nebraska. Learn what you can do now in one of several meetings being held in March.
- How Musk Thistle Thrives in Drought
UNL Extension Resources
- Manure Application Publications Among Recent Extension Releases
- Nebraska LEAD Fellowship Applications Now Available