June 19, 2015
UNL CropWatch June 19, 2015
- Wheat Disease Update: Scab in Eastern Nebraska; also oat diseases
- Corn Disease Update -- Northern Corn Leaf Blight, Anthracnose, and more. A number of diseases have been reported and/or confirmed in recent corn samples from around the state. Cool wet conditions have led to the development of several of these.
- Wheat Stem Maggot in Corn in northeast Nebraska
- Armyworm Q&A: Corn Damaged in Eastern Nebraska
- Common Stalk Borer Indicator
- Control Weeds in Soybeans Now. UNL researchers have found that yield loss increased by about 2% for each leaf stage that weeds were not controlled.
Weather & Climate
Alfalfa & Forage Management
- Scouting for and Managing Armyworms in Smooth Brome
- Windrow Disease in Alfalfa
- Managing Rained-on Hay to Avoid Further Losses
- Getting the Most Yield from 1st Year Alfalfa
Crop & Soil Moisture Reports
IANR & Extension
- Weed Management Field Day July 1 at South Central Ag Lab near Clay Center.
- Market Journal Looks at Markets, Proposed Trade Agreement
- Youth Groups Invited to Organize for Crop Contest. Deadline extended to July 22.
- Panhandle No-till Field Days June 23-26