October 2010: Story Index
UNL CropWatch October 2010: Story Index
Corn test weights can be a source of pride or a cause of concern, but what are the real implications?
How much weight should you give them, if any?
- Corn Test Weights: High One Year, Down the Next — A Volumetric Perspective
- Bt Corn Benefits Both Transgenic and Non-Transgenic Growers
- Commercial Soil and Plant Analytical Labs in Nebraska
- Resources for Soil Testing, Management, and Calculating Fertilizer Recommendations
- Daily & Weekly Soil Temperature Reports from Across Nebraska (in maps & tables)
Climate and Agriculture
- Climate Literacy: Understanding the Common Climate Technologies
- Climate Research Focus of Nov. 9 Seminars in Scottsbluff
Crop Production — Post Hail Clean-up
- Market Journal: Plan Now for Major Tax Changes
- Looking at 2010 Federal Estate Tax Issues
- UNL Program Helps with Planned Extension of Family Farm Operations
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- Profit Opportunities Open for High Quality Hay
- Winter Annual Weed Control in Alfalfa
- Rust Developing in Alfalfa
- Revitalizing Warm-Season Pastures
UNL Programs & Resources
- Market Journal: Watch the Wheat Boards for 2011 Market Indicators
- Nov. 4 Ag at the Crossroads: Developing Nebraska's Ag Workforce
- LEAD Fellowship Applications Available for Next Class
- Federal Funding to Support New Alternative Energy Research, Outreach
- Nebraska Farmers and Ranchers College Announces Fall Speakers
- UNL Offers Crop Insurance Workshop — New Tools to Manage Risk
- Seminars Address Range of Agronomy Issues
- NRCS Extends Sign-Up for Conservation Stewardship Program
- Nebraska Wind Power Conference at Kearney Nov. 9-10
- Lincoln Students Learning about UNL Soybean Research
This content requires Flash Download the free Flash Player now!
On this week's Market Journal host Doug Jose talks with Lowell Sandell, extension educator for weed science, about taking time this fall to assess weed control in the previous year and plan for the coming crop.
View this Market Journal segment for a discussion with Bruce Johnson on ag land prices.
Take time this fall to start your tax planning. This Market Journal segment explores tax planning and new health insurance tax credits.