March 9 Story Index
UNL CropWatch March 9 Story Index
March 9, 2012
- UNL Survey: State Ag Land Value Jumps 31% in 2011. UNL's Farm Land Real Estate Survey results confirm what growers have seen all year. Ag land values are up, particularly for cropland, in every region of the state, with increases of 35% or more in several areas. Increases in cash rents lagged behind the increases in land values, but were still up 10-20%. See story for tables of land values according to district and land use.
- Cornhusker Economics Article: UNL Ag Economics Survey on Farm Land Values
- Recommended Seeding Populations for Western Nebraska Dryland Corn
- Resources on Bt Hybrid Traits, Refuge Requirements
- Join the new On-Farm Research Network and work with UNL specialists to design replicated research plots to address questions of irrigation, nitrogen management, and corn populations. Learn more and sign up now so plans can be developed for your fields.
- Learn How to Discuss the "Undiscussabull" March 15 — Transitioning the Family Farm
- New Program to Help Veterans Begin Farming and Ranching
- Organic Grower Meetings Span the State in March
- UNL Offers Crop Science Camp for High Schoolers
- Governor Heineman Proclaims Nebraska Ag Week March 4-10
- Applications for NRCS Organic Initiative Due March 30