April 7, 2017
UNL CropWatch April 7, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Making Data-Driven Decisions on Soybean Inoculation. How to determine when and where you need it.
- Share Machinery, Reduce Costs — Developing a Joint Ownership Agreement
- Crop Sequence: A Long-Term Decision that Impacts Annual Profitability and Risk. Looking at the longer term economics of crop rotation
- Keys to Managing Herbicide Resistance in Soybeans: 6 steps and 5 timings to help avoid herbicide resistance in your soybeans.
- Planting Interval of Corn and Soybean after 2,4-D/Dicamba Burndown Application. The application window may be a little tight for some growers this year.
- Watching for Vententata - an Invasive Weed on our Western Horizon
- Nebraska Extension Reports
- USDA NASS: Nebraska Winter Wheat 47% Good to Excellent
- US & Nebraska Prospective Plantings: Record Soybean Acreage
- USDA: US and Nebraska Grain Stock Reports as of March 1
- On the April 7 Market Journal view segments on the grain and hog markets, yield loss from weeds, research results from the 2016 Soybean Management Field Days, and the forecast for the coming week.
IANR & Extension
- Reminder: Small Scale Farming Workshop Saturday, April 8
- New or Revised Nebraska Extension Crop Publications: Planning the Transition to Organic Crop Production; Soil Management for Increased Organic Matter; Management of Phytophthora Root and Stem Rot of Soybean; and Observed Space and Time Changes in Air Temperatures and Daily Temperature Range for the Great Plans
- Ecological Pest Management and Beneficial Insects Topics of April 14, 15 Programs
- Crop Protection Contributions toward Agricultural Productivity, a CAST paper
- KU on how "Weather Whiplash" will Degrade Midwest's Drinking Water