April 14, 2017
UNL CropWatch April 14, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Planting Soybean after Soybean (Part 1): Planting Considerations
- Planting Soybean after Soybean (Part 2): In-Season Management
- Starter Fertilizer: When is it Warranted?
- Post-Harvest Grain Marketing: Cleaning Out Corn and Soybean Bins
- Farm Program Payments and Projections for the Nebraska Panhandle
- Terminating a Cereal Rye Cover Crop - Things to Consider
With recent rains and above-average temperatures, fall-planted cereal rye is growing rapidly and should be terminated soon.
Alfalfa & Grass Production
- Firm Seedbeds for Planting Grasses and Alfalfa
- Putting Carryover Hay to Good Use
- Wrapping Hay to Beat the Weather
IANR & Extension
- Market Journal: View segments on water and food security with A.G. Kawamura; marestail control, 2018 Farm Bill, market analysis, and the forecast for next week.
- Kawamura: Successful Agriculture Sustains Civilization, a report from the April 12 Heuermann Lecture (IANR News Release)
- Water and Irrigation Specialist to Join Panhandle REC