May 5, 2017
UNL CropWatch May 5, 2017
- Recent Cold, Wet Conditions are Favorable for Seedling Diseases in Early Planted Corn
- Do I Need to Replant My Corn?
- Farm Finance Averages Show Some Light, Despite Concerning Ag Debt. A big surprise in 2016: Net farm income rose for these farmers and ranchers who tightened their management and costs from 2015.
- 5 Things to Improve your Quicken Record Keeping
- Forecast: Good Planting Window, but More Rains Mid Next Week
- New Interactive CPC Outlook Maps Offer More Location Detail
- Recommendations for Avoiding Sidewall Compaction at Planting (Archived)
- Wait for Better Conditions before Heading Out on Wet Soils (Archived)
IANR & Extension
- Extension Reports May 1-5 with Photos
- USDA NASS: Corn Planting at 34%, Soybean at 8% (as of April 30)