Oct. 7, 2016
UNL CropWatch Oct. 7, 2016
- Help Us Identify Yield-Limiting Factors in Nebraska Soybean Fields. Researchers from 10 north central states, including Nebraska, are asking growers to complete surveys on up to four soybean fields. This data will be used to help identify area-specific, yield-limiting factors.
- Federal Court Certifies Nine Producer Classes in Syngenta Litigation. UNL Water and Ag Law Specialist J. David Aiken discusses the lawsuit and what this certification means for Nebraska corn farmers. (IANR Farm & Ranch Management)
- Corn Residue Field Days Oct. 20, 28 offer farmers an opportunity to view the impacts of baling and grazing corn residue and whether these practices might offer an additional revenue stream this year.
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Grain Marketing Today. Here's how to hone your grain marketing skills to stay sharp in the current environment.
- Grain Marketing Workshops to Feature Location-Specific Information and help grain producers minimize losses during this time of low prices.
- The Sandwich Generation: Farm/Ranch Transition When You Aren’t in Control. Six October workshops offer guidance for those caught in the middle between parents who own the land and children who want to join the operation.
- Landlord/Tenant and Flexible Lease Workshops this Fall. Renegotiating your lease? Both parties will benefit from these workshops.
- Annie's Project Retreat Nov. 4-5 in Scottsbluff
- Financial Health Check Classes for Farmers and Ranchers
IANR & Extension
- GMOs are Green: How an Environmentalist Changed his Mind About Biotechnology" will be the Oct. 10 Heuermann Lecture with Mark Lynas, a pro-science author and commentator on science issues.
- Field Pea Production Workshop Nov. 4. This full-day comprehensive workshop offers information on production and weed management from a panel of farmers and UNL, KSU, and CSU specialists.
- University Participating in Multi-Institution Project Focused on Big Data (IANR News). A digital agriculture project funded by a $1 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Webinar: The Importance of Accurate Grain Moisture Analysis, an AgWeb webinar with grain storage experts, including CW Contributor Ken Hellevang. Includes information on why producer grain moisture measurements may be different from what the elevator is reporting.
- On this week's show view segments on the corn and soybean markets, the challenges of soybean cyst nematode (particularly when present with SDS), farm program payments, and the forecast for the coming week.