Oct. 21, 2016
UNL CropWatch Oct. 21, 2016
- High Corn Ending Stocks and Post-Harvest Marketing Plans: Understanding how market fundamentals can impact changes in future prices.
- Cornhusker Economics on Development and Use of the Marketing in a New Era (MINE): A New Interactive App. Learn more about using this app in your operation at Nebraska Extension Grain Marketing Workshops to be held across the state this winter. The first set are in southwest Nebraska this November and December.
- 5 Tax Deductions for Your Farm that you may be overlooking when preparing for your 2016 tax return.
- Crop Insurance Workshop to Focus on Risk Management Strategies Nov. 9 in Grand Island
Nebraska Crop Reports
- Crop and harvest updates from Nebraska Extension and USDA NASS
- September Summary from Nebraska State Climate Office: State Flip-Flopped Through Highs, Lows (NSCO site)
- View segments on Cry1F efficacy against western bean cutworm, ear rots in corn, harvest progress and yields as well as basis movement and wheat acres, food safety modernization, and the forecast for the next week.
- Register now for Market Journal Roadshow featuring the Cornhusker Outlook Series from the UNL Department of Agricultural Economics Nov. 28 - Dec. 2 in Kearney, Sidney, Norfolk and Lincoln.
IANR & Extension
- IANR Spotlight: the Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory (IANR News)
- Agronomy and Horticulture Department Head Appointed to National Advisory Board
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Grain Marketing Today. Here's how to hone your grain marketing skills to stay sharp in the current environment.
- Grain Marketing Workshops to Feature Location-Specific Information and help grain producers minimize losses during this time of low prices.
- The Sandwich Generation: Farm/Ranch Transition When You Aren’t in Control. Six October workshops offer guidance for those caught in the middle between parents who own the land and children who want to join the operation.
- Landlord/Tenant and Flexible Lease Workshops this Fall. Renegotiating your lease? Both parties will benefit from these workshops.
- Annie's Project Retreat Nov. 4-5 in Scottsbluff
- Financial Health Check Classes for Farmers and Ranchers